View Single Post
Old 07-26-10, 07:49 PM   #22
wheeljack12

Send a message via Skype™ to wheeljack12
Default Re: Is 3D Vision worth the performance hit?

put it this way, I am doing the 3d vision surround with tri-sli (just upgraded today) gtx 480 and 3 acer gd235hz monitors. If I had the space I would have waited for the asus 27' 3d monitor and went with 3 of them. I love the depth that 3d vision gives especially when you spread it across 3 monitors. And for those wanting tri-sli 3d vision surround, you attach a monitor to one dvi port per card. So, in that fashion it seems, you are evenly spreading the work of the gpus for 3d vision surround. But before this I was doing 2 way sli gtx 480 and 3d vision surround and wouldn't go with less than 2 gpu's to do it. I would say the same for basic 3d vision gaming on one monitor. And for some games you have to factor in physx processing too along with 3d vision. For just cause 2 (in 3d vision surround on this) and bfbc2 (i played this on one monitor), I had to turn down settings and rez to get 3d vision gaming playable on 2 way sli gtx 480. So is it worth it, yes. For feeling like you are more part of a game for sacrificing some game settings, the loss of rez and effects weigh out very nicely. And it seems that nvidia is the trend setter on 3d since 3d vision was out to market before 3d consoles, tv's, set top movie players, and 3d theatre for example fell in line. And the game support is very impressive. Next time you are in nvidia control panel, go to the stereoscopic 3d area and check out the supported games. They go years back and very recent with the list. The only thing I don't like is when you download the recent 3d vision full cd download or just the drivers in the sense they don't tell you what has been added to the list of games like when you d/l just geforce drivers and you are told what has been improved for example.
gigabyte g1.sniper 5 mb, 8gb ddr3-1866 mhz ram in dual channel,intel core i7 4790k 4.0 ghz quad core cpu, asus gtx 780 3gb vc,OCZ vector 150 240 gb ssd x 2 in raid 0 (intel raid),antec hcg-850 850 watt 80 plus bronze psu,corsair carbide 500r white case,pioneer bdr-208 15x bluray writer, steelseries 6gv2 keyboard ,seiki 39 inch 4k tv, logitech g502 mouse ,xbox 360 wired controller for windows,kingston 8gb usb 2.0 flash drive,windows 8.1 64 bit,creative labs sound blaster zxr pci-e sc,logitech s120 2.0 speakers

I'd rather walk with God in the Dark than shine in the light alone.
wheeljack12 is offline   Reply With Quote