View Single Post
Old 07-27-10, 02:30 PM   #5
technoid

Default Re: My First HDTV Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
Yea, my PS3 does the same thing. I don't know why to be honest.
I called Samsung and they told me they had complaints about the 2010 models doing that but no information about why or the possiblity of fixing it.

Quote:
If you have a 120Hz TV, use 1080/24p and leave the Auto Motion Plus OFF. A lot of people don't even bother with the Auto Motion Plus because it interpolates frames and creates problems in some instances.

The real reason to get a 120Hz TV is for 1080/24p picture. Make sure your BD player output is set correctly.
Yea, that's what I ended up thinking too. The 120hz gives me 555 instead of 322 so that alone was worth the cost.

Quote:
Yea that's fine. All that will do is make the edge contrast more noticeable. If you're at 1080p then you're already using every pixel.
Yes, that's what it did and I didn't like it. I think that's what some call the 3D effect.

Quote:
Is there a setting on your FIOS box to fix that? I have the same issue with Time Warner, but their cable box has a setting to set the aspect on the box.
Thanks! I ended up finding two settings I had to work on. One was the 16:9 setting and the other was the SD Override function which I had to turn OFF.

Quote:
I know it seems dumb to turn off features, but to be honest, a lot of those features are unnecessary to begin with. I have them off on my TV as well.
Yeah it's really dumb to have to turn features off but I suppose some do like the edge enhancment feature. Now the multipule images the Auto Motion Plus created is a different thing, why would anyone want that and why did Samsung implement a feature so badly broken. My sister-in-laws LG doesn't do that, or at least not much because I didn't see it when I watched her set a couple of times.

Thanks for all your input and I'm sorry I waited so long to answer your post. My wife is extremely disabled and I've been worried and busy taking care of her.