- Added support for Quadro 4000, Quadro 5000, and Quadro 6000.
- Added support for GeForce GTX 460.
- Fixed VDPAU to not print a debug error message when calling VdpVideoMixerQueryFeatureSupport with an unsupported or unknown VdpVideoMixerFeature.
- Removed the requirement that in TwinView passive stereo, MetaModes must have identical viewports on each monitor.
- Removed the requirement that in active stereo, all monitors must use identical modetimings.
- Enhanced VDPAU to better report certain kinds of initialization error.
- Fixed a regression that caused Xv to return BadAlloc errors on AGP systems when using the AGP GART driver contained in the NVIDIA driver. This fixes the problem reported in nvnews.net thread 151199.
this driver requires at least FreeBSD 7.3
or FreeBSD 8.0
; more recent FreeBSD 7-STABLE
and FreeBSD 8-STABLE
releases are also supported.
NVIDIA Accelerated FreeBSD Graphics Driver Set for FreeBSD/x86
is available for download via FTP
NVIDIA Accelerated FreeBSD Graphics Driver Set for FreeBSD/x86_64
) is available for download via FTP
Please see the README
) for more information about this release.
This NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release supports GeForce 6 series and newer
NVIDIA GPUs. GeForce FX GPUs are supported through the 173.14.xx
driver series, while GeForce4 and older GPUs are supported through the 96.43.xx
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers.
Please also note:
If you encounter any problems with the 256.44
NVIDIA FreeBSD graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-bug-report.log
file (please see http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46678