View Single Post
Old 08-01-10, 06:18 AM   #1
ciobi

Default Incorrect or no vsync on GT240

Hello,

I use openSUSE 11.2. I have an HDMI-connected TV (Sony KDL-46X4500) and a DVI-connected monitor (Dell U2711). Playing movies on either of them doesn't work very well. The issue is I can't get vsync to work correctly on the TV, while on the monitor it only works with 195.36.15 if playing with SMPlayer with the "gl2" output driver. What happens is that either the vsync doesn't work at all, or it's timed incorrectly, so the video is torn somewhere around 100 pixels from the top of the screen. The position of the tear usually varies from one frame to the next, but it remains around that place.

Here are my results with various output drivers in SMPlayer:

256.35, monitor:
no vsync: x11 (slow)
incorrect vsync: vdpau, xv*, gl2
correct vsync: <none>
black screen, garbage or crash: xover, gl*, dga, sdl, fbdev*, v4l2, zr*, bl, directfb, dfbmga, xvidx, cvidx, xvmc, mpegpes, yuvmpeg,

256.35, TV:
no vsync: vdpau, gl2
incorrect vsync: xv*, x11 (slow)
black screen, garbage or crash: xover, gl*, dga, sdl, fbdev*, v4l2, zr*, bl, directfb, dfbmga, xvidx, cvidx, xvmc, mpegpes, yuvmpeg

195.36.15, monitor:
no vsync: x11 (slow)
incorrect vsync: vdpau, xv*
correct vsync: gl2
black screen, garbage or crash: xover, gl*, dga, sdl, fbdev*, v4l2, zr*, bl, directfb, dfbmga, xvidx, cvidx, xvmc, mpegpes, yuvmpeg

195.36.15, TV:
no vsync: vdpau, gl2
incorrect vsync: xv*, x11 (slow)

Other notes:

When replacing my card with a GTX260 or GT8800 it worked fine without any change in settings (well, I couldn't connect the 8800 to the TV, due to lack of cables/adapters, but it was fine on the monitor). When putting my card in another computer that was working fine before, videos were torn as they were in my computer.

All the drivers prior to 256.35 have an issue when playing movies: occasional (usually) blue "flashes". 256.35 seems fine in this respect, though.

This is also an issue in Windows. The only way to get the vsync to work from SMPlayer was with driver 196.21 using the "directx" output driver. The support thread for that is http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/n...&p_cv=&p_srch=
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (104.7 KB, 83 views)
ciobi is offline   Reply With Quote