View Single Post
Old 08-04-10, 03:01 AM   #19
Licaon

Default Re: Poor 2D Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by xazero View Post
I'm not who you are asking those questions to, nor Im going to make this bigger but KDE + nvidia is a pain in the a$$ for may of us.
Who did you think i've asked since i've quoted:
Quote:
Originally Posted by konst
Still 2D performance still sucks on the Nvidia closed source drivers on KDE 4.4.5 but not that bad on KDE 3.5
?

It does not matter for him/her anymore anyway since s/he got an Ati HD5850 in the mean time.

I don't deny that some users might have issue but my question remains: in what situation do you see issues? so i can test this on my system, and if i don't have this issue maybe there's something else at fault ( X patches specifically put by a distro, or KDE ones, or whatever )

Or maybe i should not try to help anyone since everybody gets all defensive about his/her beloved distro, does not accept any other opinion and/or advice when trying to pinpoint the faulty software component ( may that be distro specific X, KDE, Gnome or the nVidia driver ) and only get stuck in "nVidia blob must be at fault since it's not open-source" mode. I'm no fanboy ( except for quality: software and hardware ) and i would of switched to ATI long ago if they would get their Linux driver in shape, but until that happens nVidia is still #1.
Licaon is offline   Reply With Quote