View Single Post
Old 08-07-10, 02:06 AM   #10
inplayruns

Default Re: Just got a brand new GTX 460 1GB, and I gotta say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragejg View Post
To put it into perspective, the HD 5770 (especially if overclocked) mostly keeps up with HD 5830 in a lot of scenarios, especially at medium resolutions and with medium amounts of AA and AF. And, HD 5830 is about equal with GTX 460 and 465 in most scenarios.

Plus you have the factor of all the "cool" reviews out there sing uber-powerful CPUs with zero CPU limitation going on, allowing the cards to run as wild as they want to. Hey that's cool but does not reflect what most people have, which is rigs more like yours. With a reasonable amount of CPU limitation (using an I5 or 4 core Phenom around 3.2, or 3-core around 3.5) these cards perform even closer, which should be a better known-fact.

You shouldn't have gone from HD 5770 to GTX 460. If you'd have gotten a 470 it'd be a different story for you. You should have researched a little deeper.
I see what you're saying, but It just doesn't make any sense (HD 5770 outperfoming a GTX 460).

I was getting smoother gameplay with my old HD 5770, not similar, but smoother, much smoother.

The only thing that made made the game a little more playable, was setting the DXMode to 10, which IMO is pretty lame.

And it's happening to A LOT of GTX 400 series users out there, just check the EVGA, BFBC2 forums.

EDIT: Apparently NVIDIA has reproduced the BFBC2 stutter:

Quote:
Good news....or bad depending on the point of view

I finally got a repro so I am going to pass it on to our dev to look at it. I'll keep you updated on the status. It doesn't look like I will need to borrow your graphics card after all.
Link.
inplayruns is offline   Reply With Quote