View Single Post
Old 08-07-10, 01:51 PM   #6
musman
I Derail Threads

Default Re: 3D Plasma or LCD LED

I would say (without seeing either one) get the plasma. Much faster for gaming, although the LCD's are much better than they were. The reflection problem is bad on both LCD and plasma. With plasma it's more like a mirror (or a tube TV) where you can see a reflection of whatever is in front of the tv, but the picture does not wash out like it will with an LCD. With the LCD in direct sun light, you get a big washout spot on the TV that too me makes it almost unwatchable.

The burn-in problem has been taken care of for the most part. At work I have left DVD menus and receiver setup menus on for 5 hours or more with no problem. Even if it does get burn-in all you half to do is use the TV and after a short time it will go away.

But like always, if you can see both TV's side by side and play with the settings, that is the only way to tell what picture is best. All the specifications don't mean much, you half to view it in person.
Antec Nine Hundred case. Core I-7 920 @ 3.56GHz, Noctua NH-U12P Cooler, EVGA 01G-P3-1180-AR GeForce GTX-285 1GB, EVGA GT-240 Superclocked 512Mb used as a Physx card, DFI LANPARTY JR X58-T3H6, OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 SDRAM 1600 7-7-7-18, Intel X25-V SSD, used as a boot drive, 2X Seagate 500Gig 32MB Cache 7200RPM in RAID 0, Logitec G-15 keyboard, Logitech MX-518 Mouse, CH Combatstick 568, Xboc Controller, LG L227WTG-PF 22" LCD Monitor 1680x1050. Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit. Speakers: KRK Rokit8 studio monitors.

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/media/customer.jpg
musman is offline   Reply With Quote