View Single Post
Old 08-10-10, 06:15 PM   #11
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Default Re: Android Benchmarks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterdan View Post
I'm not ready to root yet... I'm scared
The phone is plenty fast for me, I just want the damn GPS fixed.

Froyo should be out for the Vibrant next month hopefully.
The GPS works pretty well for me with The newest build of Froyo(haven't tested it too extensively, but at least it's not jumping around anymore). Root access is not something you should be afraid of as long as you remember to back up any important info you have on your phone. It's very rare that any pics/vids get deleted just because you've moved them around. I mean how often do you mess up your windows installation just because you have access to the sensitive system files?

Besides almost every tweak out there comes in a pre-scripted form so you really don't even have to do anything yourself. The difference in speed is like night and day and I have full flash support in the browser!

Here are the links for all the things you need:

FAQ about flashing/rooting
Possible GPS Fix
One-Click Lag Fix

Modaco seems to be down right now so I'll post those links later(the most important ones of course), but you could try the lag fix for now just to see how much of a difference it makes!