Quote:
Originally Posted by zim2dive View Post
Ok, moving sideways
Code:
>more /etc/modprobe.d/sound.conf 
alias snd-card-0 snd-hda-intel
alias sound-slot-0 snd-hda-intel
options snd-hda-intel enable_msi=0 probe_mask=0xffff,0xfff2
at this point, I have working sound from 1,3... and I have sound from Rhythmbox.. the Sound preference panel refuses to launch. So does the Pulseaudio sound panel, they used to launch. I'm using
Code:
pcm.!default hdmi:NVidia
pcm:iec958 hdmi:NVidia
EDIT: Flash sound ok after all.
EDIT2: I got Sound panel and Pulseaudio volume working. .I had to edit /etc/pulse/default.pa and comment out the line
Code:
load-module module-alsa-sink device=hw:1,3
Now I can launch the panel and get system sounds out HDMI. Need to go back and test everything else (will be tomorrow).

Working: *maybe* everything
Is there anything about this setup that would prevent me getting audio out my on-board analog outputs?

ie. I'd like to use HDMI audio to my AVR, but also send the front left+right of the same audio out the analog 2-ch output on the mobo rear connector for use in Zone 2 (speakers outside on the back deck).

I have not been able to get *any* audio out that port... even when I specify speaker-test with 0,0.

I wasn't sure if the .asoundrc and/or modprobe could be redirecting everything away from 0,0 to my HDMI on 1,3.

I'm going to play with Alsa slave/copy over the weekend, but was surprised that 0,0 didn't work with speakertest (suggesting some more basic level issue)

thanks,
Mike
zim2dive is offline   Reply With Quote