View Single Post
Old 08-17-10, 02:45 AM   #24
Redeemed

Default Re: Anyone done the upgrade from a 8800 GTX to 460 GTX?

Okay... I'm really having a hard time deciding what card to get. I created a thread some time back about this and just can't seem to make up my mind.

Since this thread has a lot of people posting in it whom owned an 8800GTX and went to a GTX460... this might be a great place for good feedback.

My current specs:

Core i7 920 (stock)
Intel DX58SO mobo
4GB DDR3 1600
2x eVGA 8800GTX

In short, I'm moving out into the sticks, in a trailer. It's hot where I'm moving to, and electricity is much more expensive than in the city. I need a single card that will offer comparable performance to my dual 8800GTXs while running cooler and consuming far less power.

I keep bouncing from the 5770, GTX460 1GB, to the 5850 and can't make up my mind. The ultimate test would be for me to run some benchmarks with these cards then compare them to what the reviewers and ya'll are getting- but sadly I don't have time to do that.

So trying to piece together whatever information I can. Want to get a card and keep it- don't want to buy one just to be dissappointed and have to return it or sell it to then buy another card.

Ya'll think a GTX460 would be sufficient? I game at 1920 x 1200.

Thanks ya'll.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote