Release highlights since 256.35:
- Fixed a bug that prevented XvMC from initializing in most cases.
- Added support for xorg-server video driver ABI version 8, which will be included in the xorg-server-1.9 series of releases.
- Fixed a bug that caused extremely slow rendering of OpenGL applications on X screens other than screen 0 when using a compositing manager.
- Fixed a regression introduced after 256.35 that caused stability problems on GPUs such as GeForce GT 240.
- Fixed a slow kernel virtual address space leak observed when starting and stopping OpenGL, CUDA, or VDPAU applications.
- Fixed a bug that left the system susceptible to hangs when running two or more VDPAU applications simultaneously.
NVIDIA Accelerated Solaris Quadro Graphics Driver Set for Solaris x86_64/x86
is available for download via FTP
Please see the README
for more information about this release.
This NVIDIA Solaris graphics driver release supports NVIDIA Quadro products based on the NV4x and newer
series of GPU cores. Older Quadro FX and Quadro NVS products are supported by the 173.14.xx
driver series, and Quadro4 and older Quadro GPUs are supported through the 96.43.xx
NVIDIA legacy graphics drivers. Please see Appendix A of the README for a list of which GPUs are supported.
Please also note:
If you encounter any problems with the 256.52
NVIDIA Solaris graphics driver release, please start a new thread and include a detailed description of the problem, reproduction steps and generate/attach an nvidia-*-bug-report.log