View Single Post
Old 11-14-03, 05:10 AM   #44
Hanners
Elite Bastard

Quote:
Originally posted by ginfest

I suppose you could say it's just me-I wonder if others a have run both cards recently and saw a noticeable difference, ie something that makes you say "WTF, I can't play this game like this.."?
The most recent example of this for me is FIFA 2004 - I played it at 1024x768 with 4xAA and 8xAF very smoothly on my 9800 Pro system, but it started dumping back to the desktop after matches (not sure why, I don't think it's an ATi issue but something else on my system).

Because of the problems I decided to install the game on my 5900 system and tried running at the same settings - And the game is horribly jerky and unplayable, the FPS are way too low.

The only other experience I can really comment on between the two cards from a gaming experience is UT2003 - After some time playing it on my 9800 Pro, the weaker AA and lack of true trilinear on the 5900 was plain to see, to the point of being distracting at times.

I might be trying Call Of Duty on the 5900 soon due to the crashing problems with the Cat 3.9s (although disabling Fast Writes seems to have put an end on that) - It could make for an interesting comparison, especially with it being an OpenGL-based game.

Of course, these are just my own experiences, these things are pretty subjective - One man's distracting IQ difference is anothers 'what difference?'.