View Single Post
Old 09-24-10, 02:35 AM   #27
Viral
Registered User of Women

Default Re: Interesting PhysX Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
LOL- what's a "crucial" way?
I already said it in this very thread - physics that effects gameplay. Like having a building collapse creating a pile of rubble with parts of the structure still standing. Not just some extra particles that do nothing but look pretty.

Quote:
They've been pushing PhysX for a couple years, and there are about 20 games out. Personally I'd be pretty happy if 20 more games came out in the next two years as well. Even ten.

While I wish every game gave me the option of using PhysX effects, I'd certainly rather have it in some than none like ATi users have. Even if OpenCL open standard physics do come out, my guess is ATi won't provide any dev support like NVIDIA does and there will still be PhysX.
ATi won't need to offer anywhere near the support NV are offering for Physx. NV offer the support to prop up their closed standard, with an open standard, everyone adds to its success - there's no need for anyone to play big brother and tell everyone how to use it.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote