View Single Post
Old 09-25-10, 08:35 AM   #35
Rollo

Default Re: Interesting PhysX Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logical View Post
Batman Arkham Asylum look great on the scarecrow level with Physx on, however with a single GPU solution the performance drop just isnt worth it...from an average of 61fps to a dip of 9fps on the scarecrow level with physx on.

Is having to buy a second GPU really worth it to see a couple of extra effects run at higher fps ? I dont think so...
Not worth it to you maybe, but how about not making the decision for the rest of us? The $75 -$125 an additional GPU for PhysX might cost is spit in the ocean of my hobby expenses every year.

A lot of people can just use an old NVIDIA card they still have. For the ones who can't, I'd note a 3 year old 8800GT is still a more than adequate PhysX card. You can buy a Zotac 9800GT with lifetime warranty for $69.99 AMIR shipped at newegg- the "high cost" argument doesn't fly.

If it lasts you two years that's $35 bucks a year. That's less than the cost of a game.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote