View Single Post
Old 09-27-10, 10:37 PM   #42
Rakeesh

Default Re: Steam account stolen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
I'm 99.99999% sure the steam servers didn't get compromised. Plus, who would go out of their way to try and hack the steam servers to get you password for your crap account with barely any games on it at all? lol
Somebody who just wants to play counterstrike? Because that's all that they did when they had it, and they played it nonstop. In fact when I took the account back it probably interrupted their game. Not to mention this person added a game to my account as if it were his own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhog View Post
You got phished, plain and simple. It could have happened many months ago, and just now did they decide to use your info.
It's happened more than twice that some russian hackers stole credit card information from the steam servers. If they can steal that I'd bet they can steal either the password itself or factor an equivalent md5 or whatever hash. Trust me when I say this, valve has a terrible security record. On top of what I mentioned, remember how the HL2 source code was stolen? Yeah.

And there's no way in hell I could have been phished, I have never logged into steam except through the client itself.

Core i7 2600k 4.4Ghz 1.385v | Corsair H60 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 8-8-8-24 | MSI P67A-G45 | OCZ Vertex 3 | Sapphire 7850 OC to Max settings

Rakeesh is offline   Reply With Quote