View Single Post
Old 10-12-10, 10:07 PM   #4
mr.zor

Default Re: X server 1.9.0 crashes when launching Emacs 23.2.1 (GeForce 310 ; 260.19.06 drive

Unfortunately I haven't been able to access the computer remotely so I've tried some juggling on ttys.

I managed to eventually get a gimped coredump (using "gcore"). Reading it again, here's a (useless??) different backtrace :

Quote:
Core was generated by `/usr/bin/Xorg'.
Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
#0 0x0000000000530355 in ?? ()
(gdb) bt
#0 0x0000000000530355 in ?? ()
#1 0x000000000042a2e1 in ?? ()
#2 0x000000000042123e in _start ()
Given the pthread references in the Xorg.log , I tried "info threads" before that, but alas only one thread (detected?), waiting on a select() at first, then continued till crash.

For the record: http://www.x.org/wiki/Development/Do...erverDebugging
If I had that information prior starting, that would have saved me a few reboots because of the freezes.

No package provides symbols for Arch builds, I'll probably go with brewing a package myself with optimizations off and symbols on with the hope of getting a more useful backtrace.

Meanwhile I've also explored "X -core" option, but this involves running X manually (for the experiment sake, I kept running it under "slim"). I don't believe the coredump would be very different from what I've got without debug symbols. If you think it's worth exploring that way I might spend a bit of time to get that -core option work

I'm attaching full Xorg.log.0.old + a somewhat edited `ps auxf | grep Xorg -A3 -B1` with the hope it will help you get a clearer picture of my setup.

I can provide the compressed coredump I got, 12M Bz2 file, 150M or so uncompressed, but I doubt it could be of any use.

Last but not least, I could reproduce the exact same crash by running kcolorchooser - I'm afraid the list could go on...
Attached Files
File Type: txt nvbug.txt (544 Bytes, 86 views)
File Type: txt nvbug-Xorg.0.log.old.txt (16.6 KB, 81 views)
mr.zor is offline   Reply With Quote