Thread: I love KDE
View Single Post
Old 10-13-10, 11:41 AM   #10
Drolfrawd

Send a message via MSN to Drolfrawd
Default Re: I love KDE

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
It's plasma. I tried to use compiz, but it was a resource hog....and I like the functionality of plasma better.

I am using straight KDE 4.5. I updated my KDE through YaST, and haven't had to use any other gadgets for eye candy.

The rotation that I am using is being done by hitting Ctrl-F9 (or F10--I forgot the default), and you will see the rotation. The notes that I am using are called notes in the plasmoid widgets. The Desktop Folder on top is a default plasmoid that is installed on your desktop when you first start using KDE. The calendar is another plasmoid widget.

Over on the right, I am using a conky script to detail my system monitoring. I've detailed my journey getting conky to work correctly, but I will be happy to help you if you get stuck in a certain area. If I don't have the answer, I will try to point you in the right direction.

Doc , thanks, I will shout out if i need a hand, but there is no rush. I installed Gnome and didn't like it , then KDE. Your info will more likely get me in the right direction , but if not I'm glad i can call on you .
Drolfrawd is offline   Reply With Quote