View Single Post
Old 10-15-10, 10:09 AM   #23
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: Minecraft

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito View Post
After a while of playing I now love the game. I still need to find some red dust so I can make a compass. I haven't died in a long while now, I have 2 "homes", but if I die I can only really be sure to find the initial one. I got lost again and somehow found my 2nd home and have stayed there since.

I have mined so much already and haven't found a trace of any red dust, but I am going to keep digging till I do, I need that compass bad .

Just dig down. If you hit a cave and you're fairly deep, either walk around till you find lava (Which indicates that you're low enough to find any ore) or keep digging until you either hit the black unbreakable blocks or the red ore itself.

I found some lava in a big underground cave and I've got literally more red ore than I know what to do with. It's the diamonds that I'm after.

this helped me figure out the ore.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...p?f=35&t=28299

There is a legit process for efficiently mining for ore and once you figure out everything, it makes finding the right stuff a lot easier.

But yeah... chances are, if you can find lava in a deep cave, you're surrounded by redstone.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote