View Single Post
Old 10-22-10, 09:13 PM   #40
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: Castlevania - Lords of Shadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito View Post
I just finished Enslaved last night and for the PS3 version that I played, I would say it is horrible. How anyone gave this game a good rating above a 6 is a mystery. People didn't like the fixed camera angles on Castlevania, but Enslaved has some of the worst camera angles when fighting. The fight system is not very good at all and the texture pop up on the PS3 version (can't speak about the 360 version) is horrible and the type of Unreal Engine 3 like problems that plagued the ME on the XB360. It's also buggy, every now and then it would stop letting me switch the staff plasma/stun setting, and no way to get it to work again other than quitting the game and restarting. That is a big deal when it's essential to use stun to get by shielded enemies on some levels and if you didn't hit a checkpoint, you'll be redoing stuff unnecessarily. I was pretty disappointed in the game especially since I thought, even though short, Heavenly Sword was pretty good game by Ninja Theory.
Well I loved the demo. Kinda annoyed they went with the Unreal Engine, as you say the texture popup is crap. I played both 360 and PS3 and PS3 is a smoother, but I love the story, the fighting is pretty tactical, no way a masher, I also loved the old Japanese Monkey series which is based off the same story Enslaved is based off. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote