View Single Post
Old 10-23-10, 05:12 PM   #10
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg
Default Re: US Alexa Traffic ratings for NV News and other hardware sites

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolfrawd View Post
well we all have heard of "Readers Wives" cough, perhaps an Idea might be to have members
do articles om their rigs etc, the build , the components used and any other relevent stuff like set up and overclocks. Could be edited by the site staff and then on to the main website.

Just an Idea
That's a pretty cool idea Drolfrawd.. the only problem is that every hardware site listed in the OP and their respective communities already have their own "members rigs" threads that have 25-500 pages, and are just general brag threads. We have them too, and I kinda find it hard to be interested in the "members rigs" section at [H] or rage3d.

What's really going to get people here fast and in a good way is reporting news items early and often. I am extremely thankful to be able to talk with NVIDIA PR Dept quite readily at any time, and it's not difficult to ask questions as an editorialist and actually get accurate and applicable answers quite fast.

What we need to be able to do is to be able to have that flexibility and speed of information with all of our review partners. [H] and Tom's should once again (as it once was) be linking to stories that NV News posted. I mean, the fact remains that we are the fansite of a pioneering and technologically diverse graphics technology company, yet we report on news from all corners of the GPU-related market... and it's also worth remembering that we've been around a LOT longer than most of the other tech sites on the web.

And yeah, articles, articles, articles. I'm clearing my schedule for the most part so I can almost exclusively work on them, so I'm hoping that between now and the holiday season I'll be able to push several important articles out... It is kinda funny though about what articles get what traffic. For example the GTX 465 review I published took two months to get 8000 reads I think. The GTS 450 review also has a low read count. However, the GTX 460 review got 10,000 reads in a week. So the product has to be right, the timing has to be right, and the review scenario has to be right IMO. When a GTX 580 review comes out for example, are you going to go to the review that only compares it against itself, stock vs. overclocked, are you going to read a head-to-head review, or are you going to read a head-to-head review that also has some juicy and possibly controversial information about the new technologies?

I'm thinking hard about how to implement my ideas, as this site is a great basis for GPU news and reviews, an awesome community, humongous Linux support, Bob Saget, and maybe in the future some video reviews or other innovative ways to dish on the GPU industry.

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote