View Single Post
Old 10-23-10, 11:46 PM   #102
Mike89
Dude, where's my brain?

Default Re: Official Fallout: New Vegas Feedback Thread

This game really needs to be fixed. Game makers jumped the gun and released it basically in an unfinished state. Fallout 3 was never the smoothest playing game around but this one is just plain bad.

I started playing it with the 195.62s. Big time performance issues. Hitches, pauses, jerky mouse movement, dropped fps all over the place, frequent game crashes. I switched to the 186.18s and performance was somewhat better but a lot of that was probably because the advanced settings are turned way down. It also still had game crashes. Tried that DX9 dll. Made the performance a bit better but induced even more crashes. Something really bad is going on when tabbing into the pitboy. Mouse movement inside the pitboy is very sluggish to the point of having a hard time getting the mouse on one thing, it wants to jump around. Movement inside the pitboy seems to be in slow motion.

This game in its current state is pretty much unplayable for me (to be enjoyable anyway). They need to get on this and fix this damn thing to get it out of Beta! Not cool Bethesda.
I7 3770 @ 4.4 gig (Noctua NH-U14S Heatsink), ASRock Z77 Extreme6, 16 Gigs (2x8) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX 680 Signature 2, Acer P236H 23" (1920x1080), X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Pro, 2 WD 640 gig SATA HDDs, WD 750 gig HDD (eSata), WD 1TB Black HDD, Sandisk 32 GB ReadyCache SSD, 2 SATA DVD Burners, Logitech Z-5500 5.1 Speaker System, Corsair TX750w PSU, HSPC Top Deck Tech Station, Windows 7 Pro x64
Mike89 is offline   Reply With Quote