View Single Post
Old 11-01-10, 06:03 AM   #2
Ulukai

Default Re: SLI with GTX 400 Series

I own a Geforce GTX 470 and it's working fabulous as a single card in Linux, I don't use windows. Watching videos and playing games is really great and new kernels and Xorg releases are well supported. After reading about the bad performace of fermi cards in SLI on Linux, I started threads here too, but no response from Nvidia. Then I even sent a couple of mails to a SLI dev (got the address of another forum member), no respons. As far as I know the performance is still worse than a single card, even with the latest drivers.

My interests are also to know whether they are aware of the bad performance and are they trying to do something about it? Beyond that, I think we need the possibility to create SLI profiles in nvidia-settings and more documentation about what games and features are supported. I don't care about enabling SLI in the GUI or in xorg.conf, we are Linux users anyway, but at least there should be some customizable options to tweak the use of SLI per application to create some level of comfort using SLI on Linux.

Just a quick word from the dev team would be nice, so we know we're not left in the cold.

Thank you.
Ulukai is offline   Reply With Quote