View Single Post
Old 11-03-10, 07:25 AM   #4
LydianKnight
Registered Knight

Default Re: Internet Explorer 9 tops first HTML5 conformance test

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3hl33td4rg0n View Post
I'm sure it will still manage to crash, hang, and not work just as often as its predecessors.
While that's just slightly true (I got 2 crashes out of 120+ runs so far), it's almost a thing of the past. I don't have the platform preview 6 but the beta installed (and currently posting from it) and I have to say I'm very very very impressed, so impressed I have been a mozilla preacher all this years and I'm changing my views very fast on this one...

At least for this version (you, unfortunately, never know with Microsoft...) they're kind-of making amend for all the things they have been missing and they're even showing us they can really be on top if they really want.

Their anti-popup is slightly better than the one in Firefox, now it has a download manager, hardware accelerated assets... Ok, I'll stop before I look like a Microsoft representative hahaha but anyway... in MY opinion... it's going to take the crown Firefox had for quite a long time and... against WebKit-powered software (ala Safari, Chrome, Midori, Epiphany, etc...)? Hmmm not sure in that sense, I think that will be IE9's real competitor.
LydianKnight is offline   Reply With Quote