View Single Post
Old 11-03-10, 11:33 AM   #5
t3hl33td4rg0n
Dethklok Returns!

Send a message via AIM to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via MSN to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via Yahoo to t3hl33td4rg0n
Default Re: Internet Explorer 9 tops first HTML5 conformance test

Working for an ISP, I get broken IE's all the time, its generally one of the more common issues we get, next to router malfunctions.

Customer can ping by domain --> load IE --> infinite load --> reset IE --> working
Customer can ping by domain --> load IE --> nothing / page cannot be displayed --> reset IE --> working
Customer can ping by domain --> load IE --> "Internet explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close --> reset IE --> either it works or we give them the number to MS

Or these are fun...

Customer gets a new modem and calls it in to get it provisioned --> Computer is directly connected to modem and the modem is not registered --> Customer gets a certain IP address when the modem isnt provisioned --> We provision the modem and the modem reboots --> Customer gets a new IP address --> now for the fun part -->
XP or 7 (good to go) / Vista (continue) --> Customer can ping by domain --> Load IE --> nothing --> reset IE --> nothing --> reboot --> all of a sudden its fine again.

Hell, even at work we have weird issues with it, things like certain sites stop loading if they error out, and you have to kill all the processes to get it back, random crashing when you move a window too much while a page is loading.

My issue with IE is because its so prone to failure unlike other browsers - and it makes my job needlessly difficult. I don't see that changing anytime soon, even with all the shiny coolness of IE9.

Intel QX9650 @ 3.83GHzXFX 780ieVGA GTX 560Ti8GB GSkill DDR800Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-ESeagate 1.5TB . 4x Samsung 2TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
....it's so clear how government makes things worse not better...
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote