View Single Post
Old 11-04-10, 08:57 AM   #17
Sean_W

Default Re: Internet Explorer 9 tops first HTML5 conformance test

Quote:
Originally Posted by LydianKnight View Post
They don't really need to make Internet Explorer go the cross-platform way, why should they? To face Apple? Linux? Android?? I'm a natural supporter for UNIX/Linux but even myself have to admit the limits of its adoption, take aside the other platforms...

We won't be seeing smartphones taking away what belongs to the desktop realm... for now, at least. Apple? They have some nice products, although more in the 'niche' class and about Linux... you know every year is the 'year of the Linux desktop' with a plethora of improvements like refined, improved and more functional versions of (for example) xserver, compiz, GNOME, KDE, SDL, Cairo, Wine, etc, etc. And, of course, Firefox/XULRunner, WebKit.

Even if Microsoft decided to make a Linux version of it, it would face the same fate that NEROLinux faced in its day... Sad (or not) but true.

So... nah (but it's my opinion, of course, just that) :P
Microsoft need to make a crossplatform browser at some point and it shouldn't be IE because it's share is going down very quickly. Multiplatform is where it's at and they cannot rely on their monopoly for much longer.

I'm not sure why you're going on about Linux because it's irrelevant here, probably because you've got too defensive.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote