View Single Post
Old 11-04-10, 09:50 PM   #25
t3hl33td4rg0n
Dethklok Returns!

Send a message via AIM to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via MSN to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via Yahoo to t3hl33td4rg0n
Default Re: Internet Explorer 9 tops first HTML5 conformance test

So I ran the test... The failures were so minuscule, its unlikely anyone would run into problems with a site because of it. And since HTML5 is nowhere near a standard yet, it matters even less.

If IE9 can pass the Acid3 test with 100% and go through the passes instantaneously, then I would be impressed.

Heres what I found that failed (Chrome 7.0.514.44 Stable):
  • A canvas element abstraction wasn't recognized (big whoop).
  • A div border (relative in size to its parent element) that was too small. (could make a site look a little strange, assuming you want a ~200px border on a div).
  • A couple were HTML5 video parameters that weren't recognized, but nothing that would prevent videos from actually playing.
  • The only other one of note was a CSS3 pointer that was applied while inside an HTML comment tag. I can see why this is the case because I have no doubt that many developers are still wrapping thier CSS with <!-- and -->. Jussayin

Intel QX9650 @ 3.83GHzXFX 780ieVGA GTX 560Ti8GB GSkill DDR800Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-ESeagate 1.5TB . 4x Samsung 2TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
....it's so clear how government makes things worse not better...
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote