View Single Post
Old 11-19-10, 10:57 AM   #42
Bah!

Default Re: GTX 480: Worst GeForce card ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickman View Post
If it's not the worst Nvidia card ever made, the GTX 480 is probably very close. While I never owned the ill-fated GeForce FX 5800, the GTX 480 may not be far off. It's overpriced, hot, underperforming and noisy. Sound a little like the FX 5800? It took some time, but Nvidia finally corrected its GTX 480 mistake with the GTX 580. From what I've read, it's the real deal. At least the GTX 480 owners out there have something to heat their house with this winter!
I hope this is just a lame troll thread, otherwise this is one of the most ridiculous things I've ever read on this forum, and that's saying a lot.

Do we have another multiple personality disorder on our hands?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverickman View Post
All I can say is that the GTX 480 is not any louder than other high-performance cards I have owned. In fact, it is much quieter than my GTX 295. As far as temps go, it doesn't get over 90 degrees C even during intense gaming. Even the HD 5870 can get that high, and I'm sure the fan on that card is not exactly quiet!

I'm not saying the reviewers are wrong, I'm just stating my own experience with a GTX 480. It's a great card, and I have not read one post from an owner who was dissatisfied with it. It may not be more than 15% faster than the HD 5870, but that card is also going for over $400. The GTX 480 may be the better buy in the long run though as more and more games will be able to take advantage of DX 11 features like tesellation. Nvdia has a winner with this card. It's not a home run over ATI, but it's still a good card.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote