View Single Post
Old 11-21-10, 06:43 AM   #73
Viral
Registered User of Women

Default Re: Official release date of gran turismo 5...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
I think the Forza devs now know better what those games are about: cars!
They focused on modern and exclusive cars, as well as racing cars. Not old/older and mostly Japanese crap.
Can't say I agree with that. I like GT5's spread of new and old just fine, I personally don't want them to just focus on new cars - that would blow. If you mean old as in 2000-2004, then surely you know the reason for this? Those cars are from GT4, that's why the majority of cars are from that time frame because the majority of cars are ported from GT4!

The Japanese to every other country ratio is still way out, but hey, they're a Japanese company and want to please their home fanbase (as seen by the key older Japanese cars being made premium). It's annoying when other iconic cars are neglected of the same treatment, but I'm not someone who ignorantly thinks of these cars Japanese crap so I will enjoy them myself. I'm happy there are premium Skylines and RX-7's because IMO these cars are the most fun to tune... and afterall, only premium cars allow you to change the wheels and body (aero) kits.

The problem I have is with the list is the obvious holes and omissions. As said I like the balance of new and old and think this is very important... there's just quite a few key iconic cars missing (not to mention Porches, but that's another topic) as well as some obvious newer ones which you would have thought to be added (2011 Mustang GT 5.0, Koenigsegg CCX/CCXR, 2010 Cadillac CTS-V, Ascari A10, Mercedez E63 AMG, Maserati MC12, Honda HSV-010 GT).

As for the focus just being on cars. I think the driving physics is just as important for me, as well as tracks and sound. The physics and sound they have improved greatly and Forza are nowhere near being on par with either by the looks of things. Tracks, yeah, lacking, still some good stuff in there but a few more world tracks would have been nice. I won't say too much about NASCAR as I'm not a fan, but I don't understand how having more ovals is really going to change much? I know there are slight differences in the tracks, and the scenery is different and I know they have the license and all, but personally I'd much rather see them add say Spa than another oval.... jus' sayin'.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote