View Single Post
Old 11-21-10, 06:45 PM   #77
Viral
Registered User of Women

Default Re: Official release date of gran turismo 5...

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaWter View Post
Porting over the cars from GT4 is pretty weak IMO. I'd rather have less cars but new additions instead. They're really missing some great cars, also classic cars. And the latest Skyline plus the race version would be enough, no need for 20 other models.

I think the focus is clearly on the cars with Forza and GT. That is where those games truly shine thanks to the good visuals and all the licenses.
Physics and tracks just can't compete with simulations for example.

You might think that ovals are all the same but that's not true. There are huge differences between different oval types: shape, track surface/bumps, banking, pit entry, corner exits and so on. With only two Super Speedways I really don't know why they even bothered with the NASCAR license... And one is even Indy, pretty much a single groove track with the Cup Car - but that's probably not even the case in GT5. You can probably drive all over the place at Indy
I don't think it's a case of them removing the 800 GTPSP (GT4+) cars and then having time to make another 50-100 premium cars. The standard cars porting job wouldn't have been relegated to the more talented modeling staff in charge of the premium models. You either have only 200 premiums (pretty weak) or 200 premiums plus 800 standards.

I know which I'd rather have.

I merely think they should have hired more people to model the cars as well as making better choices of the cars they decided to do. Same deal with the tracks.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote