View Single Post
Old 11-25-10, 05:49 PM   #117
Viral
Registered User of Women

Default Re: Official release date of gran turismo 5...

slaWter, you're probably on to it by now, but have you noticed the default brake balance is 5:5? :s

I'm still playing with a controller for now which is a big pain, but I'm going to play around with brake bias tonight and set it to more normal levels and see how that changes things.

I'm liking the game a lot, but have to agree on the varying quality. Standard cars really do look quite bad most of the time... I didn't think I would have a problem driving them, but I now find myself avoiding them. Still, when in "bumper" view they are still fine since you see nothing... it's just the start of the race/replays and AI cars that can sometimes look bad enough to ruin the experience.

Tracks are the same. Trial mountain is pretty bland and pretty much just above PS2 level IMO. OTOH other GT series tracks like deep forest and SSR5/clubman are somewhat acceptable. the Nur' is amazing, as are most of the city tracks but then again I expected that.

Anyhow, good game with some glaring flaws and ugly sides. Still very enjoyable.

My two major gripes so far:
- Shadows look worse than Prologue (was this to get 16 cars on the track? They're horrible, and the prologue shadows were bad to start with) Luckily the replays look fine.
- No Brake upgrades? Seriously?

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote