View Single Post
Old 11-26-10, 08:11 PM   #86
Bah!

Default Re: GTX 480: Worst GeForce card ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPC View Post
Well I don't think anyone is complaining about the idle temps (except maybe those with multiple monitors, though I think that issue got somewhat sorted out). Unless something was really wrong with your 8800, it shouldn't really get up to the temps than the 480 gets up to under load.
There are about a half dozen people or so in the "report your idle 8800gtx temps" thread on this very site that report higher load temps on their 8800's than what I get on my 480's. And in the same case I'm using right now my single 8800 GT would routinely get in the mid to high 80's at load, which is right about the same as the max I've seen on SLI'd 480's. 20c higher idles and nearly the same load temps and not a peep from people complaining about temps, but Fermi comes out and it's the end of the world and the worst card ever.

Anyway, enough about temps, it's been beaten to death already.

If I had to pick a worst from Nvidia, it would easily be the FX series. After that there really are no bad Geforce cards going back to the Geforce 256 cards, but the 9 series would probably be the most useless series of cards, followed by the 300 series.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote