View Single Post
Old 11-28-10, 02:02 AM   #50
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Default Re: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Alright..new patch is loaded and I spent about an hour in it. As far as bugs are concerned..I had zero crashes... the ONLY glitch that im getting and was probably introduced in this patch is my rear view mirror is in a seemingly inverted color scheme.. with the backdrop being green and cars being yellow shaded. Kinda ugly.. and during police chases I tend to look at it alot.

Other then that... as far as a game goes..I am not quite sure that I like. As much as I loved the underground series... I REALLY really liked shift and the realistic nature of it's driving. It also is a nice merge of course style racing but in several different settings, through cities and wooded area alike.

Hot pursuit immediately smacks with a lack of the realistic driving, where spin outs are infrequent, drifting is automatic and frequent, and the NPC cars are pretty much always hostile and slam into your car every time you pass. Race tracks are alot of open space and very few hair pin turns (imo the only reason I won races was because the CPU let me. for the first half to 3/4 of a race I was near last place and my car simply would not have the speed to catch up to the other cars.. and there were no hairpin turns that I could attempt to recover time or cut in and pass).

Then there was the flow of the game. In SHIFT, when a race finished.. you car kept going.. and you would then be treated to an immediate replay while you had the option of sitting and watching, restarting, or going back to the menu screen. Pursuit stop the game dead when you finish the race, treats you to a boring looking EXP tally screen, and then SLOWLY treats you to eye candy shots of the cars and junk you just won that you can't pass. And there is no way you can instantly restart if you placed in a sucky position.

I damn near fell asleep.

I might get back to this game later. ^^