Old 12-02-10, 12:17 PM   #15
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Default Re: What can I expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent View Post
Can I push 4x AA and 16 AF?
'

Yes, you should be able to play on Very High in 1920x with 4xAA and get stable framerates. Remeber, even 30fps in crysis feels like 40 - 50 dont ask me why.

If you OC those babies you'll be able to score nearly as good as dual GTX 480 SLI hahaha, and the price of two 6870's is just slightly higher than one 480 lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Not sure, probably AA x4 should be playable and AF doesn't work on very high because of the POM as I remember.

DX9 will be smoother but DX10 64bit mode will look better, with a much higher performance hit. I get between 20-30fps+ at 1440x900. It's worth noting that Crysis is one of those games that doesn't need a high frame-rate to play well, since anything over 25fps is good.
AF does work in any of the cases... If u disable POM AF works fine. If u wan't POM aswell with AF there's a mod on crymod.com that allow you to use POM along with AF and get brilliant results.

Jesus dude you speak with no knowledge, stop speaking when u dont know. DX10 wont look better, only thing it ads is object based motion blur. U can use custom cvars to gain the identical look in dx9... Also 64bit wont gain any difference to graphics.. U¨'re right about the framerates though. I played though with 25 - 30 fps and it was fine. I also noticed that on lower res-- speaking under 1600x1200/1680x1050 25 fps will feel alot more fluent than 25fps on higher reses like 16xxby1xxx and 1920x1200/1080 and up, then u will start feel things slow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peoples-Agent View Post
ffs.... can't run the game at 1920x1080. Get the "Out of range" message which is nonsense. Play all of my games at that res, infact it's my displays native res.

Any ideas? This is driving me crackers.

EDIT: Edited the config file, got my 1920x1080 now but it runs the game at 50hz. Hmmm Bloody 6870 Crossfire.
Should be able to put what HZ u wanna play in in the autoexec.cfg ... Google it.

By the way.. 6870 crossfire is an amazing stup.. Better than nvidias fastest card 580 hahah.. And also cost less, and takes about the same power.. thats 2 cards btw, vs 1.. Congrats for your purchase.. Radeon is back in business and the 69 series will brake nvidia and shine through and ppl will see. It will all make sense... in the matter of... am not really adliberty to say.. Well, let's just say the time of AMD is here.

@Roadhog-- is that Byron? God shes beautiful