View Single Post
Old 12-02-10, 03:06 PM   #16
YodaStar

Default Re: What can I expect?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soetdjuret View Post
Jesus dude you speak with no knowledge, stop speaking when u dont know. DX10 wont look better, only thing it ads is object based motion blur. U can use custom cvars to gain the identical look in dx9... Also 64bit wont gain any difference to graphics.. UĻ're right about the framerates though. I played though with 25 - 30 fps and it was fine. I also noticed that on lower res-- speaking under 1600x1200/1680x1050 25 fps will feel alot more fluent than 25fps on higher reses like 16xxby1xxx and 1920x1200/1080 and up, then u will start feel things slow.
Actually he is right. Crysis has particle emitters and some dynamic lightsources that are restricted by devs to DX10 mode aswell as simple deffered lights that are used when a bullet collides with metal litting up impact surface. DX10 also has higher precision for some effects and higher sampling rate though difference there is subtle. Then Crytek style OBM only works fully correct in DX10 and particle quality is higher in DX10 using geometry shaders.
YodaStar is offline   Reply With Quote