View Single Post
Old 12-02-10, 06:38 PM   #1
Dazz
"TOON ARMY!"
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Newcastle, United Kingdom
Posts: 5,138
Send a message via AIM to Dazz
Default Should i wait or buy?

From looking around it is rumoured that the GTX 570 is around the corner but price is yet to be disclosed. My GTX 260 died today, believe it or not i was only viewing web pages when the screen started to cut out then would never come back on. Rebooted the system and the GPU fan would stay on.

Anyway does anyone know when the GTX 570's are coming out? hopefully very soon. It was a tossup with the HD 6870 and a GTX 470. Would have gone with the HD card if it wasn't for the fact when my mate brought with him 4 cards (1 nVidia and 3 ATi) and the only one my motherboard would accept was the nVidia 8600GT, none of the ATi cards would boot in this ASUS P5N-D

Do you guys think I should wait for the GTX 570 or just buy a GTX 470 now. I have seen the 470 Twin Frozr II for under £200 (same as a HD 6870) and is kind of tempting, depends on the GTX 570 price however or if the prices on the GTX470 will drop further.

Well I know my GTX 260ís price has not changed much and are still selling for more than a GTX460.
__________________
"Never interupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition @ 4.25GHz
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
Graphics: ASUS ENGTX470
Memory: 4GB Kingston HyperX Blu PC12800 DDR3
Monitor: LG E2260V-PN Full HD WLED 22" & DELL 20" 2005FPW,
Power: Coolermaster Silent Pro Modular 850w PSU
Sound: Logitech Z5500 Digital.
Cooling: Thermalright Silver Arrow.
1st Storage: Kingston V100 SSDNow128GB SSD
2nd Storage: Samsung Spinpoint F1 750GB
Dazz is offline   Reply With Quote