View Single Post
Old 12-05-10, 10:25 PM   #12
ViN86

Default Re: my gripe with windows 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
I'm sure Microsoft are crying into their massive bag of billions at the fact that they are losing less than 1% of their earning, to Windows pirates. Microsoft haven't become moral, it's just pure greed.
You sound like a kid, crying that the kid next to you has more ice cream. It's business, and this is capitalism. I'd be more worried if they weren't trying to increase their net worth.

Besides, Bill and Melinda Gates give billions to charity. What have you given lately? I haven't given anything, so I don't have a leg to stand on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheeljack12 View Post
but there has to be a balance between anti piracy and consumer happiness. The best thing MS can do is have people activate by disk upon installation finish. Like Tages or something like that. Still keep the reactivations though, but be more flexible about what constitutes a reactivation. I agree and understand that MS is pissed by piracy but when you don't protect your media and just the key along with people using corporate keys (that policy will have to be changed) illegally, your asking for problems.
It's all been cracked. And it will continue to be cracked. There's really no solution to piracy besides a physical subscription service where there's no way for a machine to operate without their servers. And from the sound of it, we're not too far away from that (enter cloud).
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote