Step 1: Use Windows File Search Tool to Find update.exe
1. Go to Start > Search > All Files or Folders.
2. In the "All or part of the the file name" section, type in "update.exe" file name(s).
3. To get better results, select "Look in: Local Hard Drives" or "Look in: My Computer" and then click "Search" button.
4. When Windows finishes your search, hover over the "In Folder" of "update.exe", highlight the file and copy/paste the path into the address bar. Save the file's path on your clipboard because you'll need the file path to delete update.exe in the following manual removal steps.
Step 2: Use Windows Task Manager to Remove update.exe Processes
1. To open the Windows Task Manager, use the combination of CTRL+ALT+DEL or CTRL+SHIFT+ESC.
2. Click on the "Image Name" button to search for "update.exe" process by name.
3. Select the "update.exe" process and click on the "End Process" button to kill it.
Step 3: Detect and Delete Other update.exe Files
1. To open the Windows Command Prompt, go to Start > Run > cmd and then press the "OK" button.
2. Type in "dir /A name_of_the_folder" (for example, C:\Spyware-folder), which will display the folder's content even the hidden files.
3. To change directory, type in "cd name_of_the_folder".
4. Once you have the file you're looking for type in del "name_of_the_file".
5. To delete a file in folder, type in "del name_of_the_file".
6. To delete the entire folder, type in "rmdir /S name_of_the_folder".
7. Select the "update.exe" process and click on the "End Process" button to kill it.