View Single Post
Old 12-16-10, 07:01 AM   #47
Rollo

Default Re: Help me choose a card!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
3D vision is far from a gimmick. I bet you've never even seen it let alone played with it. You criticize him for being an Nvidia fan-boy when you are just as bad an ATI Fan-boy.
PhysX and 3d Vision are features that many people desire, that raise the level of immersion greatly in games. I can link to reviews and videos on YouTube that support this, there are now "MLAA revolutionizes gaming!" articles. (only posts about the problems with it on forums)

The only thing AMD has that is comparable is EyeFinity, which is great in it's 3 panel form. I just have serious doubts a single 6970 can drive three 1080P monitors adequately on modern games. I also think I'd rather have two NVIDIA GPUs to drive three panels because they could be 120Hz panels for 3d, and I could have PhysX effects with my 3 panels to raise the immersion in the game. (and ATi has their Display Port limitations as well)

Bios switch? The answer to the question no one outside the AMD RMA department asked. Not many people flash bioses as they can OC cards without doing so.

TDP management? I live in America where my electricity costs eight cents a KWh. So every ten hours I game on a card that uses 100W more than another card, I spend eight cents. Every 1000 hours costs eight bucks. Errr...oh noes? Eight whole bucks! The cost of the tip at lunch or a haircut, pocket change. And yet for years now ATi fans the world over yell about a couple watts of electricity like it was the last straw that put them living in a van down by the river.

The AMD feature set IS weak comparatively. There's nothing fan boy about it, it's just a fact.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote