View Single Post
Old 12-18-10, 06:00 PM   #6
FearMeAll

Default Re: Video Converter that uses FFDSHOW and keeps AC3 and does Batch

ok TMPMpeg- It will not output to mkv. Also it will use the ffdshowcodec for AVI files and the vid quality looks great, however sound output is limited to stereo AGAIN unless you want uncompressed PCM. WTF.

You can output to WMV but the vid quality of FFDshow is what I want and it needs to leave the audio stream alone. Also I can't get the audio to sync with the video when using FFDSHOW and the h264 codec...so it makes that program a little crippled for me.

-edit..ok changing the ffdshow settings to encode in FLV1 fixes the audio sync problem and looks identical. I'm pretty sure FLV1 is just another version of the h264 codec which explains why it looks so good. This program would be perfect now if only it kept the ac3 audio. Oh well it will work fine for TV shows.
[FONT="Courier New"] HTPC: Intel Wolfdale 3ghz, 4 gigs DDR2 800 ram, 500gig HDD, Craptastic 7600GS, Windows 7 32bit, XBMC installed [/FONT] :D
[B]My Video Encoding/Office rig:[/B] [I] Intel QX9650 @ 3ghz, 1333mhz FSB, 4gigs Patriot Extreme DDR3 @ 1333mhz, XFX 790i 3-way Sli mobo, Xf-Fi Extreme Gamer, 400watt Fanless Power Supply, 9500GT 64-bit bus(ouch!), 8.750TB HDD, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate. [B][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Everything at stock and completely boring..[/FONT][/B][/I] :type:
FearMeAll is offline   Reply With Quote