View Single Post
Old 12-20-10, 11:51 AM   #113
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Default Re: Crysis 2 - New screenshots *DROOL*

@slawter Rumored 580 3GB version? And doubling the amount of Vram for the 570? I think you wish too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
Ha. Again, I think you need to pick and choose what you believe a little bit better.

I remember a crysis vid when the demo only just came out and they said it was running on a 8600GT fine at very high details. So everyone was saying "performance will be waaay better than the demo!". How did that turn out again?
Well what if my info comes from a person within crytek? I think i can believe that. I have no problem to pick and choose what/who to believe and what not to believe.

I dont know where u got that from, how could a 8600gt even possible handle crysis at those settings? I wouldn't even think something like that less would i even say such a dumb thing.
I never heard about it so i can't say anything about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YodaStar View Post
You know, several of the Crysis showcases at games conferences and even some trailer material was Crysis at roughly high settings. But recordings often being offscreen gave an impression of looking much better (not to say high looks bad at all or such).

But yeah a 8600GT would only pull medium but the 8800GTX could do all v.h at 720p with minimal problems with slight dips here and there like most other games.
One problem though that made people think it ran worse than it really did was that they played it in DX10 mode with vsync on but game doesn't enable tripplebuffering for DX10 mode nor has cvar for it. Thus falling down to 29fps meant they got a locked 20fps framerate until it hit 30fps. And if they got higher than 30fps it was still was locked to 30fps until they hit 60fps (this for monitors with 60Hz refreshrate)!
Exactly, and the computers that ran the playable demos at E3 and GC leipzig was using Intel core 2 extreme cpus and 8800gtx. They ran high settings though, not VH. So why some ppl are saying 8600gt would pull it off, dont know about their mental health really =X

Thats a bit of an overstatement, the gtx 8800 can't do dx10 VH in 1280x with good frames, u'll be halting on at 15 - 20 - 25 fps. But if u ran dx9 with the Veryhigh tweak it was just possible