View Single Post
Old 12-21-10, 02:11 PM   #48
Anssi
Mageia packager

Send a message via MSN to Anssi
Default Re: Call for testers: HDMI pass-through

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottKnight View Post
IIt turns out that all three of my systems are C79s (a 9300 IGP, a 9400 IGP and a Zotac MAG) and I won't be enjoying these HD codecs when they are implemented unless I am willing to replace otherwise perfectly working hardware.
You'll get E-AC-3 and DTS-HD under 6.144Mbps on those cards, though (my post at XBMC forum), but not TrueHD or full DTS-HD MA.

Quote:
Indeed, it's hardly possible to go shopping for something from the following list
Indeed, an official list would be appreciated. I can understand NVIDIA's need to be careful, though, as it wouldn't be very good to have people buying hardware based on wrong info in some list...

Quote:
So far it looks like ION2 and GT430 are confirmed? Even if that GT425 were the most perfectly supported GPU, there is No Way am I going to spend ~$900 for it.
As far as I know, ION2 has the same issues as GeForce 200 series, i.e. it works with some receivers but not all. GT430 should work fine, though. I believe it is likely that other GeForce 400 series GPUs also work on all receivers.
Anssi is offline   Reply With Quote