View Single Post
Old 12-22-10, 02:35 PM   #3
mojoman0

Default Re: Battlefield Bad Company 2 *Vietnam* Thread

well gotta just remember this is a spin off of battlefield. EA has been pushing BF3 lately and we might get it by the end of 2011.

Quote:
Battlefield 3 EA's Big Focus in 2nd Half of the Year [ 1 Comment ]
Saturday, 18 December, 2010 at 13:52 PST | ^Scott^ | Print News
If there was any doubt that Battlefield 3 is coming in 2011 then this should clear it up. EA CEO John Riccitiello said that Battlefield 3 is their "big focus" in the second half of the year. Any bets for a holiday 2011 release? Thanks BF-Games.

Riccitiello continued, questioning Activision's leadership and Treyarch's ability: "This management team started with this goal really two and a half years ago and our first entry really was Battlefield: Bad Company, and you’ll see a lot about Battlefield 3 next year, which I think is, at least from our perspective, designed to be the one that is the big leap forward; the one that is going to help a lot. I don’t know that having two guys that probably don’t play the games, in the form of the CEO of Vivendi and the CEO of Activision, come out and say 'Treyarch is our lead developer,' like you could anoint that. They didn’t make a 90-rated game; I think it’s 86 now. I don’t think review scores are the be-all, end-all, but we all know a mid-90 when we see it, but this was mid-80s. I don’t think you could anoint them by an executive saying, 'it’s so.' The question, I think, really is, 'what developer is going to put forward the next great FPS that sort of follows [what Infinity Ward did]?” It’s wishful thinking, and let’s hope for Activision’s sake they’re right. I think it’s far from proven that the gaming consumer views a product from Treyarch in the same category as a product from what was Infinity Ward."

As for EA's continued assault on the shooter category, Riccitiello added that "next year we’ll make a lot more progress. We’ve got a couple of third-party games in the form of Crysis 2 and Bulletstorm, and then our big focus is Battlefield 3 in the second half of the year. I’d be shocked if we didn’t take a notch out of [Activision]."
http://planetbattlefield.gamespy.com....php?id=163963

Vietnam is pretty fun besides the frustrating choke points at times, but these seem to only occur when the teams are really unbalanced. Also not a huge fan of how accurate the guns are. You no longer need to burst fire or anything like that...holding down the trigger does the job even at distance which is what moh felt like. Heres hoping a patch adjusts this a bit. Now that Vietnam has been released on all platforms we should be getting the 5th map unlocked relatively soon!
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote