View Single Post
Old 12-26-10, 10:38 PM   #840
brady
I'm like everyone else.

Default Re: Official "I just got a Geforce GTX 4xx/5xx thread"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcrox View Post
I benched marked a single 570 on Crysis @ 1920x1200 everything maxed. I ended up playing through the whole game and had no slow downs with no AA (didn't notice any with 2x AA either) so I'm guessing it's something on your end.
Ok, so this is strange. I start the game with v-sync on and it tries to sync at 24fps. As I described previously I get a lot of stuttering. If I then alt-enter a few times my FPS go up significantly, the game becomes very smooth, and from what I can tell vsync is still being applied. Also, when the game is not syncing at 24fps (so after I alt-enter a few times) the game appears lighter. I had to adjust the in-game brightness, contrast, and gamma to account for the difference. Of course, after that adjustment it's easy to tell when the game is syncing at 24fps because it's very very dark. Very strange, though I'm glad I discovered how to make the game playable. In fact, after my alt-enter trick my FPS were high enough that I was able to throw 4x transparency supersampling into the mix in addition to the in-game 4xMSAA. Even then, my FPS are still above 30; in most cases well above 30 with just a few dips into the 30s here and there. Anyway, any ideas on what's going on?
brady is offline   Reply With Quote