View Single Post
Old 01-03-11, 07:59 AM   #95
guillaumezin

Default Re: Linux backlight driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zem View Post
However, I think "VPCCW2C5E" is a generic model name common to all CW2s customized on the Sony site, so there may exist laptops with that name with the 310m GPU.
Thank you, I will add you model to the source code. I declared first "VPCCW2C5E" then the whole "VPCCW2" family, so if the laptop is a "VPCCW2C5E" model, it will use your settings, otherwise it will fall back to the generic "VPCCW2" settings (GeForce 310M). If Sony uses the exact same model name whatever the GPU is, this is bad design, but I should be able to handle that situation if other users are complaining.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zem View Post
However, I wasn't able to get the Fn keys to work; I'm using kubuntu 10.10, and I added in /etc/acpi/ a script sony-brn-up.sh:
Code:
#!/bin/sh

test -f /usr/share/acpi-support/key-constants || exit 0 
. /usr/share/acpi-support/key-constants
acpi_fakekey $KEY_BRIGHTNESSUP
and in /etc/acpi/events/ a script sony-brightness-up:
Code:
# /etc/acpi/events/sony-brightness-up

event=sony/hotkey SNC 00000001 00000011
action=/etc/acpi/sony-brn-up.sh
and the same for brightness-down; however the keys aren't registered by xev. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you
The "acpi_fakekey $KEY_BRIGHTNESSUP" command doesn't work for me neither, instead, I write directly inside "/sys/class/backlight/nvidia_backlight/brightness", see my example in the download section. This is an ugly workaround (you don't have OSD this way), good practive should be to have a look at the /usr/share/doc/udev/README.keymap.txt.gz and fill a bug report (there are some work for Sony laptops Fn keys on Launchpad but not released yet for Ubuntu 10.10).

Guillaume
guillaumezin is offline   Reply With Quote