View Single Post
Old 01-05-11, 12:06 PM   #93
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar
Default Re: THE ELDER SCROLLS V ANNOUNCED (OFFICIALY)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
As long as the game's PC user interface is actually functional pre-mods I'll be happy. Otherwise I'll wait for the community to fix the game for the developers like it did with Oblivion.

Still one of my biggest gripes with Oblivion and Morrowind was the leveling system. If you really wanted to maximize your character, it was required that you performed actions that you would never really do during normal gameplay. "Level Block and Blade 10 times each for 8 levels" etc is not fun at all, especially when the UI doesn't even give information about impending level ups. In Morrowind (a much better game IMO) this wasn't so bad because you could ignore this and just level and play the game like you wanted since NPC enemies didn't level up with you, but since Oblivion by default has enemies that outscale you if you aren't min/maxing, it was actually in your best interest to not level up too much. How counter-intuitive is that?

Fallout 3 completely avoided this problem and IMO is a very superior RPG experience. Fortunately Oblivion is playable with mods. I'd like a fully-functional and well-designed RPG out of the box though.
There were numerous NPC/enemy leveling mods for oblivion that made the game much more enjoyable in this area.
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote