Thread: Rift
View Single Post
Old 01-06-11, 08:33 PM   #16
RollinThundr

Default Re: Rift

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
This game is pretty damn fun. Out of all the betas I've played this last year, this and DC online are the best. I love the graphics in this game. The style is exactly what I like. It is a WoW clone but they did it right. I do have the feeling I will get bored with it so I'm not sure I'll actually buy it. It is a very solid game though. The zone wide rift events are fun as hell.
I pre purchased it based on beta 3. (beta 4 starts tomorrow fyi) It may be somewhat of a wow clone, thats a fair statement, but its very polished, actually I think it may be the most polished mmo "beta" I've ever played and I've played my share.

The way classes work with allowing a player to have up to 3 distinct class trees, I feel adds a ton of customization to how a class can play out, and the dynamics of the whole Rift system itself adds another layer of complexity. I really like the graphics as well, characters animate well, its fluid, the casting animations have some flash to them. Over all just really solid feeling. For a game that doesn't launch for over another month yet (March 1st in the US) I have to give Trion credit. Its fun, plays well, and has a bit of complexity to it.

They didn't reinvent the MMO wheel by any means but the level of polish and added depth with the way the class systems work and the Rifts themselves make it feel pretty fresh in some ways. Looking forward to it.
RollinThundr is offline   Reply With Quote