View Single Post
Old 01-07-11, 09:10 AM   #1
News

Post GeForce at CES: Behold the KEGputer

If you've been on the interwebs today looking at the news coming out of CES, you may have heard about a little something in the NVIDIA booth, that's quickly becoming one of the show's hot tickets: the KEGputer. Yes, just let that wash over you for a second. You might be thinking, 'Well, Kris, what is a KEGputer?'

I'm glad you asked! We knew that we wanted to bring something special to the show beyond our already amazing news and products, so we teamed up with Ben Lzicar and Richard Surroz to build a hot new PC case mod. And, being the creative geeks that we are we realized that this mod needed to not only be good looking, it had to be utilitarian.

Enter KEGputer.

This mod is a blissful marriage of a 15.5 gallon keg and a liquid cooled GeForce GTX gaming PC. Did I mention that it has a fully functional beer dispensing system? Thanks to Sierra Nevada Brewing Co. we were able to develop a solution to install a 2.5 gallon mini keg with an integrated refrigeration system and in-line Co2 pump into the KEGputer. With it, you can pour ice-cold beer without the need of pesky beer pumps or giant tubs of ice. (See pics of the KEGputer on our Flickr stream, here)

Last but certainly not least, we worked with our partners at EVGA, ASUS, Danger Den, Crucial and Antec to ensure that the hardware on KEGputer would make it a certifiable monster of gaming power. Feast your eyes on these specs:

• 2 x EVGA GeForce GTX 580 Hydrocopper 2 graphics cards in 2-Way SLI
  • ASUS P67 Sandybridge motherboard
  • Intel i7 2600 3.4 Ghz Sandybridge CPU
  • 8 gigs of DDR3 Crucial Ballistix at 1600 Mhz
  • Crucial 160 Gig SSD
  • Danger Den Extreme liquid cooling system
  • Antec 1200 watt TruePower Quattro PSU
The only question that remains isā?¦.what are we gonna do next year?

More...
News is offline   Reply With Quote