View Single Post
Old 01-11-11, 06:31 PM   #17
jpi110
Gentoo User

Default Re: NVRM: os_schedule: Attempted to yield the CPU while in atomic[...] [260.19.21 x86

Quote:
Originally Posted by voegel View Post
Bump.

I am still having this issue. Any news?
I haven't heard anything either. So, I decided to test to see if it was hardware or drivers.

I plugged in a Windows 7 harddrive (which it did take me a while to find as I don't use Windows normally) via an eSATA port. I used the 'current' drivers for Windows. This introduced flickering on textures in 3d environments some of the time. But, it was stable otherwise. So, I went a step further. I decided to test to see how far I could push stability and installed the latest beta drivers for Windows. The flickering went away. The performance is slightly better. And absolutely no stability issues.

So, this tells me that the problem is decidedly not hardware related. Identical hardware. Identical BIOS settings. The only deltas relevant here is OS and drivers. Since the OS (and kernel) were fine until recent changes in the nVidia drivers, I am now forced to unequivocally conclude that the issue lies solely within the drivers.

Unfortunately, the nature of the crash is not leaving any debugging within the X server log file other than to say the drivers detected a crash and was trying (and never succeeding) to recover. Outside of the same error messages you're getting, I am not sure where else to look to try to determine the cause.
jpi110 is offline   Reply With Quote