View Single Post
Old 01-17-11, 06:12 AM   #16
FearMeAll

Default Re: PS3 security hacked

There is a major(and I mean major) hack being released today..I wonder what the heck Sony is going to do. It will enable PSN and allow people to play backups...like all of them. It's being released by the same guy that hacked the wii. I wonder if it's the end of the life of the PS3.

It seems like most mod chips and hacks are made for advanced users because what a pain in the ass they can be..so it at least limits this. But this hack is nothing but a firmware update then bam! free games. Now any yahoo that finds out about it can mod their ps3 without buying any specialized hardware.

Sure you can modchip the xbox360 or run hacked firmware all the time, but it is enough of a pain in the butt to discourage the general public and is almost guaranteed to get your xbox eventually banned...which only matters to those who give a crap about live.
[FONT="Courier New"] HTPC: Intel Wolfdale 3ghz, 4 gigs DDR2 800 ram, 500gig HDD, Craptastic 7600GS, Windows 7 32bit, XBMC installed [/FONT] :D
[B]My Video Encoding/Office rig:[/B] [I] Intel QX9650 @ 3ghz, 1333mhz FSB, 4gigs Patriot Extreme DDR3 @ 1333mhz, XFX 790i 3-way Sli mobo, Xf-Fi Extreme Gamer, 400watt Fanless Power Supply, 9500GT 64-bit bus(ouch!), 8.750TB HDD, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate. [B][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Everything at stock and completely boring..[/FONT][/B][/I] :type:
FearMeAll is offline   Reply With Quote