View Single Post
Old 01-20-11, 07:07 PM   #17
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Default Re: GTX570 or Ati 6950 ?

Lets see... 6970 crossfire.. $700, 580 sli, $1000. So how about we compare it to a card of the same price, which leaves the 570.

I can pick the lowest results too.

What is this? 5fps?!

Those all seem playable to me. You whine about 40fps in BC2 in eyefinity? Well, that 40fps is with 8xAA. It must be so hard to turn it down.

Also, why did you bring up eyefinity when you can't even compare apples to apples. I didn't mention anything about it, neither did the OP. tRollo fails at Trolling again.

I hope no one bought an nVidia card with surround gaming in their mind... O wait....

Quote:
The GTX 580 price almost doesn’t seem worth it when you consider a pair of Radeon HD 6970 video cards will cost you $698, saving you a whopping $300. For that price savings you get more memory, which has the chance to allow higher playable settings, and performance that at times beats GTX 580 SLI and at other times cuts in under it, depending on the game.
Quote:
The GeForce GTX 570 SLI is in an even worse position, its raw GPU performance is great, and it has good SLI scaling. However, it is severely held back by its memory capacity. We experienced many times that we could not use higher settings, or had to lower the resolution, because of that. The performance is there, but the ability to utilize that performance is not. Since a pair of GeForce GTX 570 video cards will run you $698, the same price as two Radeon HD 6970 video cards, it just isn’t worth it. For the same price as two GTX 570 cards you can get two Radeon HD 6970 video cards with a much higher memory capacity, and better performance.
It's ok tRollo, I understand you are a hardcore nVidia fanboy and will even try to sway the OP to buying and nVidia card when they aren't even the best bang for his buck. If the 570 was a better deal then the 6950 or 6970, I would easily recommend it to the OP. But the facts simply prove that the 570 is not as good of a deal. If he has 3d vision set in stone then I would have to say 570, but it doesn't seem that way.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote